Align Your Smile with Invisalign Treatment in Staten Island
Are you looking to straighten crooked teeth or correct a bad bite, but don’t want to do so with noticeable metal braces? Invisalign® may be best for you! At Grandview Dental Office, Dr. Ralph Tarantino provides a truly comprehensive way to align your smile with Invisalign. This modern and discreet take on orthodontics uses some of the best innovations and dental technology available.
We want to help you enjoy a healthier, straighter smile with a treatment that won’t compromise your natural beauty or quality of care. Contact our Staten Island dental office today to schedule your Invisalign consultation!
CALL US: (718) 494-0037 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Why is it Important to Straighten My Smile?
While straighter teeth do improve aesthetics, did you know that they also contribute towards better oral health? Teeth that are aligned properly are often easier to keep clean with daily brushing and flossing.
This, in turn, makes removing dental plaque and food debris simpler, which also protects your smile from tooth decay and gum disease. With Invisalign, our team can address multiple orthodontic problems while aligning your smile discreetly.
What is Invisalign® Exactly?
Invisalign is an orthodontic system that uses a series of clear trays to straighten your teeth. Each tray is crafted to fit perfectly within your smile using digital impressions and Invisalign technology. Invisalign aligners are clear, making them appear virtually invisible.
Your trays are replaced about every two weeks as your smile becomes straighter. This allows our team to ensure your Invisalign process stays on track as you graduate through treatment.
How is Invisalign Different from Braces?
Traditional braces consist of metal brackets, wires, and rubber bands to move the teeth and jaws into better positioning. Invisalign clear aligners, however, use pinpointed pressure to gently shift teeth to their most ideal positions.
While metal braces are a reliable option for correcting complex orthodontic issues, Invisalign provides an effective way of addressing mild to moderate problems.
5 Reasons to Choose Invisalign
Besides providing complete personalization and convenience, there are many reasons to straighten your smile with Invisalign. Below are five common reasons why our patients choose Invisalign.
- Effective Treatment – When following treatment guidelines, Invisalign can be as effective as traditional metal braces. Underbites, overbites, overcrowding, and crooked teeth are issues that these clear aligners can address.
- Aesthetics – The fact that Invisalign offers discreet treatment is perhaps the most significant reason why many individuals choose this option. Wearing your clear trays also means that there are no changes to your natural appearance. They are so indistinguishable from your smile that many of your friends and family won’t even notice you’re wearing them!
- Confidence – Traditional braces consist of noticeable metal components that can impact self-confidence. Because Invisalign doesn’t interrupt your appearance, it can help reduce or even eliminate feelings of anxiety or insecurity.
- Comfortability – Metal braces have brackets and wires that can press against the cheeks and lips, causing irritation and discomfort. Invisalign trays do not involve sharp surfaces or edges; instead, your aligners consist of smooth plastic. This is useful if you have naturally sensitive teeth and gums.
- Removable Design – With traditional braces, there are foods that you cannot and should not eat. Things like popcorn, apples, and candy can easily get stuck in your braces, causing damage or tooth decay. Cleaning your braces is tricky and requires special tools. Invisalign aligners are removable, which means there are no dietary restrictions. You can brush and floss your teeth normally.
Who Can Get Invisalign?
If you are in good oral and general health, you could make a great candidate for Invisalign! This modern orthodontic treatment is often ideal for correcting mild to moderate issues. Successful treatment time and results require you to wear your aligners for up to 22 hours daily.
Invisalign’s removable design can make it challenging for younger children to follow treatment guidelines. This is why Dr. Tarantino only recommends clear braces for responsible teens and adults.
What Does Getting Invisalign Involve?
Invisalign treatment at our office begins with a detailed consultation. During this appointment, Dr. Tarantino encourages you to ask questions and discuss your treatment goals. This allows our dentist to gain valuable information about your dental health and determine if Invisalign is best for your needs.
We perform a detailed exam, checking teeth for signs of decay and gums for symptoms of disease. If we find anything of concern, our team treats oral health before you can undergo Invisalign treatment.
Our team uses advanced 3D model technology to show you how your smile looks before and after treatment. We also use digital impressions to design your custom trays. After your appointment, we send them to an Invisalign lab, where they create your very own series of clear aligners. Once ready, you come back to our Staten Island office to collect your first series of trays.
Get A Straighter, Healthier Smile with Invisalign Today!
At Grandview Dental Office, Dr. Ralph Tarantino and his team offer Invisalign that combines the highest quality of treatment and technology. We believe you and your family deserve to enjoy a straighter smile that promotes better oral health, confidence, and quality of life. Contact our Staten Island dental practice to your Invisalign consultation today!
CALL US: (718) 494-0037 REQUEST APPOINTMENT